Summer for many means, swimming, bbqs, beach cricket and fun outside. But there are days when going outside isn’t much fun and staying cool inside is the best option. Here’s our top tips on staying cool and beating the heat.
1. Close your blinds, especially for north and west facing windows.
2. Adjust ceiling fans, make sure your fans are rotating counter clockwise and pushing the air straight down.
3. Close doors that aren’t being used to keep cool air where it’s most needed.
4. Chill out, stay hydrated and apply a damp cloth to your neck and pressure points.
5. Fan yourself, did you know that a cleverly positioned bowl of ice in front of your fan can create a cold mist machine?