Spoil Mum on Mother's Day
DIY Spa Day
For Mother’s Day this year, why not treat mum to an at home spa day complete with her favourite things.
A mani/pedi treatment could be fun using her favourite colours or make DIY bath bombs and allow her to rest and relax in the afternoon.
Bath bomb recipe
(Courtesy of https://toddle.com.au/thecorkboard/bath-bomb-recipe-for-kids )
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ¾ cup corn starch
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Essential oil of your choice
- 3 tsp. water
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the desired colouring.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients- depending how strong your essential oil is, use 5-15 drops.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, whisking slowly until smooth. If the mixture is too chunky, consider adding a dash of water but it is important to do this slowly so that the ingredients aren’t activated.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen mould, or mould with your hands, and place in the fridge for 40-60 minutes.
- Grab your favourite book, coffee, fill the bath, and place one of your bath bombs in to enjoy a fizzy, colourful, lovely smelling bath.
The kids will love helping to make this bath bomb recipe, so get busy together in the kitchen, then fill up the bathtub and throw in your delicious creation to relax and unwind.