How to create a mood board
The Power of a Vision Board.
Vision boarding is an excellent way to clarify goals and motivate you to bring them to life. Quite literally, it’s a physical manifestation of your goals and a tangible representation of the vision you have for yourself.
Vision boarding involves collecting images or objects that speak to the future you want to create and arranging them on a board for a tangible and aesthetically pleasing reminder of where you're heading. You can make one by hand—think old-school magazine cut-outs on a bulletin board—or you can make one digitally, via a website like Pinterest.
What matters most is that you manually create it (no one else can do it for you), and that it inspires you whenever you see it.
So, how can you to create a mood board to manifest your new home?
You know how when you buy a new car, you see that particular make and model everywhere you go? That’s because you have put your attention on something specific and are unconsciously scanning the world for items that match it. It’s not that those cars were never there; it’s simply that you never noticed them before.
So it makes sense then, that if you put your attention and focus your feelings on the images in your vision board – pictures of the new home you plan to buy or build and/or and what you want it to look like, the energy you generate by doing this will heighten and concentrate your awareness – and ultimately help you to attain this goal.
Think of your vision board as a blank canvas on which to post images, designs, quotes, affirmations and drawings of everything you want for your new home. Manifesting is the ultimate goal, and the measurement of success for your vision board is whether the things you want actually became a reality.
- Get clear on your intention. Start by asking yourself, What do I want to manifest for my new home? Perhaps your ultimate goal is to buy your own house, or maybe you have a particular home build or interior design theme in mind.
- Once you're clear on what you'd like to use your vision board for, zero in on the specific images and objects that represent your goals. This could be a sales brochure, or magazine clippings or photos of particular home designs or interiors that make you feel happy or inspire you, or a quote or affirmation that speaks to you—really anything that resonates with you.
- Next, the fun part! Begin by arranging and rearranging your board with the images you’ve gathered. Move things around until you feel inspired when you look at it. It's best not to glue anything down until you have your layout established. The most important thing is simply to have fun with the process and take your time with it.
- Once you're pleased with the final product, find a place to put your board where it can provide daily inspiration, like a wall in your kitchen or on your bedside table—somewhere that you will see it regularly and be reminded of your goals.
How to use your vision board.
Once your board is ready, here are some easy ways to use it to amplify the law of attraction and call in the future you've mapped out for yourself:
- Speak it into existence. One of the most powerful ways to use your board for manifesting is to look at it as you list the things you want to create for your new home out loud.
- Leave some spaces open. By leaving a little open space on our board, you'll leave room for the things you want to attract for your new home.
- Let your board inspire action. As the law of attraction explains, simply visualising your goal isn't enough—you need to take action too! Let the board serve as a reminder to take small steps toward your goals regularly.
How often should you update it?
As time goes on and your goals evolve, your board will absolutely need the occasional refresher. How often you spruce yours up or change it is totally up to you. Perhaps you're craving a total revamp, or maybe you just want to swap out a few photos or designs, and quotes or affirmations. At a minimum, review it at least once a year, remembering that it's your vision for your new home. So, only you know best when it needs to be refilled or rearranged to reflect your current desires and intentions.
Again, as with anything related to the law of attraction, you'll need to take action in achieving your goals. But with the help of your newly crafted vision board providing daily inspiration, you'll be one step closer to manifesting your new home.