Australia Day - be inspired by all the colour and vibrancy
Join your local community at the Manor Lakes on Australia Day on Sunday, 26th January, for what has become an annual social highlight and celebration of our colourful and vibrant land.
This year we’ve changed the time from 4 pm to 8 pm, but it’ll be in the same location beside the lake and it’ll come alive with a sustainability-themed event with entertainment, rides and activities for people of all ages. Everyone knows it’s important to look after the world and we’re going to introduce some fun and quirky ways to look after our local environment and ideas on what we can do around our own homes.
The event will include fun,
- child friendly messy science experiments,
- a world dance spectacular where children can dress up and try out some new dance moves and fully immerse themselves into cultures from all over the world,
- sustainable Olympics running activities,
- roving performers,
- interactive shows,
- carnival rides, face painter, petting zoo, pony rides and
- an extra special performance by some incredible prehistoric animals – you will not want to miss this!
A gold coin donation upon entry will be donated to The Werribee River Association a local charity dedicated to protecting local waterways, re-establishing natural habitats, providing attractive places for people to visit and educate and the diverse population living in the west of Melbourne.
To keep with the environmental theme, reusable water bottles will be provided, and residents can take home a native plant for their garden.
Bring a picnic rug to enjoy a delicious range of foods available from the food trucks on-site or bring a picnic to enjoy.