Register your interest
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITIES SET TO BOOM!
The new East Werribee Employment Precinct promises six million square metres of education, research and development, innovation, residential, community and commercial space on what is the largest undeveloped parcel of publicly-owned surplus government land in metropolitan Melbourne.
THE EAST WERRIBEE EMPLOYMENT PRECINCT OVERVIEW
This area will include;
- A university to cater for 40,000 students, including 20,000 international students, plus four schools, both primary and secondary and a 10,000 student TAFE.
- Housing to accommodate 80,000 residents, including 21,000 high or medium density apartments, 6900 student dwellings and 1450 stand-alone houses and townhouses.
- An underground train line and new stations that link up to the Werribee Line
- Nearly 800,000m2 of research and development space, and 1.15 millionm2 of other commercial office floor space, which will contribute to more than 90,000 new jobs; and
- An arts, culture and entertainment precinct that will include exhibitions, waterfront entertainment and community sporting facilities.
With this precinct in the heart of the West, residents will be able to access state of the art facilities both for education, employment and recreational activities.
Source: Victorian Planning Authority
PROPOSED WESTERN INTERSTATE FREIGHT TERMINAL SET TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL JOBS
The proposed Western Interstate Freight Terminal at Truganina will significantly improve Melbourne’s freight handling capacity and improved transport links are priorities for the western metropolitan region.
Proposed plans include the construction of an interstate rail freight terminal and warehousing precinct and a rail link to the interstate rail freight network, both projects will see additional job opportunities in the area during construction and beyond.
Source: Victorian State Government