Step outside and the choice is yours
Manor Lakes’ many outdoor and leisure facilities offer a variety of activities for fun and fitness for the whole family.
One of the key outdoor activity areas within Manor Lakes is the new lake precinct, around 20,000 trees and grasses have been planted within the lake precinct. This continues Manor Lakes’ commitment to its successful theme of the re-vegetation works. The planting is a mix of native and exotic species including the Spotted Gum, Red Gum, Yellow Box, Honey Locust, English Oak and Golden Robina; strengthening the local ecology and to provide a habitat for local bird life. Open space for exploration and discovery is also a key element to the lake area and the main shelter with BBQ facilities and picnic areas with lush lawns and native fauna is proving very popular with residents whilst they enjoy the spectacular views across the lake.
Not too many places offer the opportunity to work out by a lake whilst enjoying spectacular views and sunsets. The inclusion of fitness stations featuring the latest range of fitness equipment is a key feature along the 3km walking/bike trails of Manor Lake. The fitness equipment is suitable for a range of fitness levels and will target the main muscle groups in the body.
Through out Manor Lakes are parks, playgrounds and new places to explore. All homes are within easy reach of parks and reserves and when complete Manor Lakes will compromise over 55 hectares of open green space. That’s the equivalent of 2 MCG’s.
Minutes outside of Manor Lakes, you’ll discover -
- Plenty of local parks and playgrounds to enjoy. Presidents Park is only a few minutes drive away and offers an adventure style playground with a huge amount of play equipment and for the older kids there’s a BMX/skate area. It’s a popular destination with BBQs and sheltered tables for a family gathering.
- Eagle Stadium, is currently being transformed into the largest indoor court facility in Melbourne’s west. The Centre currently offers basketball, netball, volleyball and multi-purpose uses including a cafe and crèche.
- Werribee outdoor pool, offers newly renovated outdoor aquatic facilities and is a great spot to take the kids on a summer day.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo offers a unique opportunity to encounter magnificent animals of the African savannah. The 200 hectare property is home to some of Africa’s most iconic animals, such as gorillas, lions and other big cats, hippos and inquisitive meerkats. The zoo also includes wildlife from the grasslands of Asia, North America and Australia. Take the safari and enjoy this open range environment where the animals are given the space to behave as they would in their natural habitats.
- Werribee Mansion epitomises 19th century Australia and is surrounded by 10 hectares of formal gardens. Situated behind Werribee Mansion in a separate wing is the Mansion Hotel and Spa. The luxurious hotel offers five star accommodation with day spa and restaurant for a luxurious getaway. Within walking distance of Werribee Mansion is the Victoria State Rose Garden.
- Hit the links at two local golf clubs, Werribee Park Golf Course and Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club are only minutes away by car.
- Werribee South beach provides spectacular views across the Port Phillip Bay and is an ideal place to relax and unwind. The foreshore offers a range leisure activities including boating, canoeing, kayaking and jet skiing. Picnic areas, walking trails, fishing and playgrounds are also available.
- The You Yangs are granite peaks that rise from the flat volcanic plains between Melbourne and Geelong. Offering over 50kms of fantastic mountain bike trails, suitable for all ages and abilities, the You Yangs are also popular for birdlife, bushwalks and picnics.
- Geelong and The Bellarine Peninsula is within 45mins of Manor Lakes and a great place to relax and discover this traditional seaside experience. Geelong and the Bellarine has all ingredients for a memorable day trip or short break including historic seaside villages, beautiful beaches, the Geelong waterfront, award-winning wineries and sophisticated food.
- Only a short distance away is the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road, one of the world's most scenic coastal touring routes, spanning 243 kilometres along the stunning coastline of Victoria's south-west. Take in the panoramic views as the road winds along cliff tops, up to breathtaking headlands, down onto the edge of beaches, across river estuaries and through lush rainforests.
- Heading inland, the historic country towns of Ballarat or Daylesford with their many attractions, are only an easy hour drive away.
“We ride, go for jog on lakeside park and we find the parks and cycling tracks very spacious and safe.” Bhargav Patel (Manor Lakes resident)